Noramacol Natural High Fibre Sterculia Granules is designed to help relieve constipation and help keep you regular. Noramacol contains 62% Sterculia which is a vegetable gum from the Karaya tree. These sachets can be used by people:
- With Colostomes or ileostomies.
- People who are on a high fibre diet.
- People who have had rectal or anal surgery.
- People who have swallowed something sharp to help reduce the chance of damaged caused to the intestine.
Do not take Normacol if your doctor has told you that you have:
- A blockage in your intestine (gut)
- Total loss of muscle tone in the colon
- Faecal impaction
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Normacol if you have
- ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory disease of the bowel which can cause abdominal pain and bloody diarrhoea).
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars,
Normacol may cause diarrhoea which may result in loss of fluids and a loss in certain salts in your body. Plenty of water should be taken and maintained in order to reduce the chance of developing oesophageal obstruction ( a blockage in the food pipe/gullet ).
Children and adolescents: Normacol is not recommended in children under 6 years of age
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure